Keto Clam Chowder Soup Recipe.
Classic Clam Chowder – made keto!
This recipe makes 3 cups of soup, but I’m warning you now, DOUBLE IT..because it was gone way too fast, seriously the best clam chowder ever (and not fishy at all for those of you who are worried).
The turnips have the exact same taste and texture as potatoes in this soup, you will fool EVERYONE (including yourself)!
- Slice three pieces of bacon with kitchen shears and cook in a soup pot until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove and set over to the side, leaving the grease behind in the pan.
- Add in 1/2 cup cubed turnip, 1/4 cup chopped onion, one rib of sliced celery, one clove of garlic, salt and pepper and cook down for a few minutes until softened.
- Add 1 ounce of cream cheese and stir to melt.
- Pour in 3/4 cup chicken bouillon, 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream and half cup clam juice.
- Season with a little more salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for five or six minutes. I like to sprinkle in a half teaspoon of xanthan gum to thicken up the soup, this is totally optional though.
- Add in one 6.5 ounce can chopped clams, draining half of the liquid but leaving half behind to pour into the soup with the clams.
Cook for two minutes more just to warm the clams, turn off the heat and serve garnished with your chopped bacon, parsley and black pepper.
Find more recipes like this, and keto support in our PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP which you get access to when ordering a 10 Day Drink Ketones Challenge Kit from Pruvit.
Need Help Getting into KETOSIS - FAST?
Get into Ketosis in 60 minutes or less. All natural ketone drink.