Keto KFC Chicken
Fresh out of Chef Pravs kitchen is an amazing keto alternative to the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe. This new keto version of KFC makes it easy to enjoy a nice piece of fried chicken with a coating that is all keto friendly.
Write a review
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons seasoning of your choice ( i used roasted garlic and pepper)
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper flakes (or more if you want spicier)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt + pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 bags crushed pork rinds
- 12 pieces chicken thighs with skin
- Avocado or peanut oil is preferred for frying (Olive oil will work as well)
- In a large ziplock plastic bag, mix garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt, seasoning of choice, pepper flakes and finely crushed pork rinds.
- In a shallow bowl beat eggs
- Put coconut flour in another shallow bowl
- Add salt and pepper to taste on chicken thighs (both sides)
- Dip chicken in coconut flour and coat evenly, remove excess
- Dip in eggs and coat evenly, then place in the bag of pork rinds mixture (one piece at a time is best) and rotate and coat evenly. Place on side plate (repeat for all pieces)
- In a deep-frying pan, pour enough oil to almost cover thighs, heat oil to 375° (high heat). Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Bake in oven at 400° for 40 mins to finalize cooking. Cover chicken with foild to avoid burning coating.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
APPROX. NUTRITIONAL INFO PER PIECE (THIGH)
- Calories: 330 calories
- Fat: 30 grams
- Carbs: 4 grams (Net Carbs)
- Protein: 18 grams
My Keto Coach https://myketocoach.com/
Fresh out of Chef Pravs Keto Kitchen is an amazing keto alternative to the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe. This new keto version of KFC makes it easy to enjoy a nice piece of fried chicken with a coating that is all keto friendly.. Here are some photos taken during the the process.