Raj’s Crispy Deep Fried Chicken Wings – WEST INDIAN Keto Style
Fast, crispy, deep fried, keto Style, Chicken Wings! Looking to fill that craving or need a good LCHF meal for company tonight – this is a popular option. Don’t forget to get some ranch dip/dressing on the side.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- Large pack of chicken wings or drumettes (with skin)
- Peanut oil for frying ( as needed for your fryer)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder (or to your liking)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper (or to your liking)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2-3 x bags of Pork Rinds (70gram bag, i prefer Baken-Ets brand but any will do)
- 1 tbsp. West indian pepper sauce (made from scotch bonnet peppers, or any you choose just ensure it has no carbs)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- First thing, Heat up your deep fryer to 375 degrees (F) – This way it will be ready by the time your done prepping.
- Crack the 3 eggs into a bowl, add pepper sauce, dijon mustard, and whisk together
- Add all pork rinds into ziplock bag to make it easy to crush. Crush by hand from outside the bag until close to powder form. You can also put in blender for a quick blend, but keep it slightly chunky.
- Put all crushed pork rinds into large bowl. Mix in onion powder, garlic poweder, salt/pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Now take out a few chicken pieces, dip into egg mixture (coat well) then let excess drip off.
- Put chicken into bowl with pork rinds, coat well. Then take out and place onto a plate. Repeat this until all are coated.
- Ok, Deep frying time…once 375F is reached.
- Put chicken into fryer basket, and deep fry or 8-10 minutes.
- Take out of oil, and test with a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the meat is 165 degrees or more. If you don’t have one, cut open chicken and make sure the meat isn’t pink.
Per Wing Approx.
- Calories 95
- Fat: 8g
- Carbs 0g
- Protein 7g
By Raj P.