Pravs Spicy Chicken Wrapped with Bacon, Stuffed with Cream Cheese.
Craving something cheesy with a kick? This chicken dish is to die for – its very convenient and very filling. Who doesn’t love bacon, cheese and chicken!
Get your correct macro nutrient breakdown with this dish of protein, fats and carbs. This is great dish to cook in bulk for the week. As it keeps well in the fridge and helps portioning your meals properly.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Mixture
- 2 containers of Philadelphia cream cheese (2 x 500 gram containers)
- 2 cups grated old cheddar cheese
15-20 jalapeno peppers (I like to leave the seeds in to make it extra spicy but you can unseed the peppers and slice them up)
Ingredients for Drumsticks
- 12 Drumsticks (You can do this with chicken thighs but I find it less time consuming with drumsticks)
- Pack of Low sodium Bacon (2 slices per drumstick)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Season your drumsticks with salt and pepper on each side.
- Line your baking pan with aluminum foil and raise the edge (to prevent the grease from falling over and making a mess of your oven)
- Take a handful of of the cream cheese mixture and stack it on each drumstick
- Take a slice of bacon (I use 2 but your choice) and wrap it around the drumstick and the filling. Make sure it is all covered.
- Place each stuffed and wrapped drumstick on your baking pan
Place baking pan in oven for 40 mins
This chicken dish is great for keto’ers as is has the balance of protein and fats needed. Goes great with a side of greens or salad.
NUTRITION: APPROX. PER FULL PREPARED DRUMSTICK
- Calories: 420 cals
- Fat: 37 grams
- Protein: 23 grams
- Carbs: 7 grams (Net Carbs: 4 grams)
By Keto Chef Prav
Need Help Getting into KETOSIS - FAST?
Get into Ketosis in 60 minutes or less. All natural ketone drink.