Thanksgiving is a great time of year! Now how do we “keep it keto” and still enjoy the big day! One of my fav keto stuffing recipes is this one. What’s a Turkey without the Stuffing?! We need stuffing! Add this Keto Turkey Stuffing to your table!
How to: Keto Turkey Stuffing Recipe
What you’ll need:
- Baking Pan
- Keto Bread
- 1 lb. Gluten Free Sausage
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 1 White Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2-3 Celery Stalks
- 3 cups Chicken Stock or Bone Broth [If you make a Bacon Wrapped Turkey you can also use the Bone Broth recipe listed in the directions.]
- ⅓ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Rosemary [Fresh is better.]
- 1 tbsp Sage Leaves [Fresh is better.]
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Make Keto Bread 1-2 days in advance.
- Preheat oven to 210℉
- Cut the keto bread into ½-inch pieces.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place bread pieces on baking sheet and dry in oven for 3 hours. [When bread is done, remove and set aside to cool.]
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Heat half of the Ghee in a pan.
- Remove Sausage casing and add to pan when hot. Break up into smaller pieces with spatula.
- Cook until meat is browned (about 6-8 minutes). Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Peel and slice Onion.
- Chop Garlic.
- Grease pan you used to cook sausage with remaining Ghee. Add Onion and Garlic over medium heat. Cook until fragrant and lightly brown (about 10 minutes).
- While Onion and Garlic is cooking, chop Celery, Rosemary and Sage into small pieces.
- When Onion and Garlic is lightly brown, combine Celery, Rosemary and Sage to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until Celery is tender.
- Remove Onion mixture from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Dried Bread, Sausage, and Onion mixture.
- Pour Chicken Stock or Bone Broth over Bread mixture and combine well, letting the Bread soak up most of the juices.
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl, combine Eggs, Cream, Salt and Pepper.
- Place Bread mixture in Baking Pan.
- In the Baking Pan, pour Egg mixture evenly over the top of the Bread mixture.
- Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove and serve.